ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Carrier Corporation, the world leader in high-technology heating and air conditioning solutions, makes a real difference in people's lives around the world by bringing energy-efficient, quiet, consistent comfort to millions of people. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls and Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier seeks to hire an experienced attorney who will support Carrier’s HVAC operations in North America. We are seeking a motivated, customer-focused, legal expert to provide legal counsel and risk management advice in a dynamic organization. This attorney will be based in Indianapolis, IN and will provide hands-on counsel to Carrier’s HVAC management teams on a broad range of issues to ensure that Carrier’s legal risks are being anticipated and responded to effectively. The position will support Carrier’s Residential HVAC business, which provides customers throughout the United States with residential HVAC equipment.
The major job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Review, drafting and negotiation of a wide range of contracts with channel partners, end customers and suppliers, and supply contracts.
· Ad hoc legal advice on a wide range of issues, including antitrust, channel management, licensing, customer disputes and some litigation management.
· Review of marketing materials including advertisements, product materials and presentations.
· Implementation of risk management controls and policies and carrying out of routine field office assessments.
· Management of internal investigations.
· Training and special projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 5+ years of experience preferred. Prior in-house experience a plus.
· Strong writing and communication/intrapersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks
· Must have a business-oriented, pragmatic approach to challenges that arise in a fast-paced environment
· Fluency in English required.
· Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited institution and a license to practice law in any state in the United States is required.
· Moderate travel required.
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a global provider of building technologies. Our fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high-performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. We make the world a better place to live. We create and maintain comfortable, accessible, efficient, healt...hy, safe, secure and sustainable environments, and ensure the global food supply is transported and preserved for safe consumption. We have approximately $17B in annual sales and 50,000 employees.
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a Fortune 50 Company that is a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.