Senior Corporate Counsel
Functions as senior manager within the Legal Department. Collaborates with internal and external customers, affiliates and suppliers in resolving legal problems/issues for all DENSO North American Group Companies in accord with North American Legal Policy Contributes to the achievement of Legal Department goals. Represents and/or assists in representing the organization in legal disputes and transactions. Serves as a resource for others, including senior management, regarding legal matters and mixed business/legal issues.
1. Maintains relationships and directly interacts with internal and external customers, and/or affiliates to address and resolve legal issues. Acts as an internal consultant and liaison between outside agencies/counsels and internal customers regarding legal matters.
2. Exercises professional judgment in evaluating alternative approaches to legal issues. Makes decisions regarding the nature of actual and potential legal issues and the associated degree of risk associated, whether outside legal counsel is necessary to the solution of the problem, and the professional advice to be communicated to the internal customer.
3. Provides legal counsel in policy development and training with regard to preventive law.
4. Handles and manages complex legal matters and projects. Reviews or drafts significant corporate legal documents. Conducts limited legal research.
5. Maintains a current knowledge of those areas of the law that pertain to the ongoing needs of the organization. Develops recommendations to accommodate developments in the law that may have a material effect on the organization.
6. Represents and/or assists in representing the organization in legal disputes and transactions.
7. Follows general organization-wide and department-specific QS-9000 policies, procedures and work instructions.
8. Participates in and supports environmental ISO 14001 and safety activities by developing supporting goals and objectives, attending required training, complying with established procedures and initiating and implementing corrective actions, as needed.