The Assistant General Counsel Will Support The Argo Group General Counsel and Corporate Counsel in the Performance of Various Corporate Legal, Governance and Compliance Functions.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating corporate contracts;
- Providing legal advice and counsel to management in certain areas of legal specialization and in general legal matters;
- Assisting with the drafting, reviewing and distribution of corporate compliance and governance policies;
- Supporting the development and delivery of electronic corporate governance and corporate training programs on an enterprise-wide basis;
- Assisting the Corporate Counsel -Corporate Secretary with the performance of the corporate secretarial functions
- Providing legal guidance and direction in various areas of corporate information security and data privacy;
- Supporting the management of certain corporate compliance and governance programs such as OFAC and Records Management;
- Interacting with policyholders, producers, employees, regulatory agencies, vendors and outside legal counsel regarding various legal and regulatory compliance matters;
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the corporate response to certain types of federal, state and local laws;
- Performing such other duties, responsibilities and projects as may be assigned by the Argo Group General Counsel and/or Corporate Counsel – Corporate Secretary
- Strong academic background with a J.D. Degree from a top tier, fully accredited law school;
- Active license, in good standing, to practice law in at least one state;
- Superior writing, analytical, negotiation, and communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across business segments and entities and with a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds;
- 4-6 years experience as corporate counsel, senior counsel, or associate or assistant general counsel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.