The person in this position will, among other things:
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of legal documents typical of a biotech or pharmaceutical research organization including license agreements, MTAs and research collaborations with academic institutions, agreements with NIH and other governmental entities such as CRADAs, development and supply agreements, funded research agreements, grant agreements, and various vendor services agreements.
• Advise Gilead's internal clients on contract interpretation, dispute resolution, IP ownership and other legal risks.
• Assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standard template language to be used in contracts.
• Mentor, train and advise contract specialists in the Corporate Legal department on the preparation, negotiation and execution of form-based documents.
• Provide legal advice and support for existing alliances and partnerships.
• Work with Gilead's Corporate Development team and other departments within the company to support strategic transactions as needed.
• Willingness and ability to work with and coordinate activities across a large number of individuals across various departments, not only within the company's headquarters in Foster City, but also throughout the company's domestic and international subsidiaries in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
• Appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
• Ability to think creatively, devise solutions to challenging problems and effectively drive issues to closure.
• Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
For jobs in the United States:
• As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: email@example.com
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Foster-City/Corporate-Counsel_R0000068
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency