Our client, a growing real estate business with an excellent reputation and longstanding history, is looking for an attorney to assist with a range of work relating to mortgages, litigation, finance, lending and regulatory matters. Reporting directly to the General Counsel this is a position for an accomplished attorney with experience in a diverse range of products and regulatory matters.
Applicants will possess a strong academic profile from a good law school and have gained experience with a law firm or in house within a banking or real estate environment.
With regulatory, real estate and lending experience you will work as part of a diverse team, reporting directly to the GC. You will liaise regularly with senior executives across different divisions of the business. The role will have a heavy regulatory focus but will also provide exposure to a range of different and complex legal issues, for example, RESPA, FCRA, lending, compliance, litigation, investigations and audit etc.
You will be tasked with instructing and managing external counsel and advising the business on regulatory issues related to finance and up coming legislation in this area.
This is a rare in-house opportunity within this company’s dynamic legal division, working with ‘best in class’ business and legal professionals. This business will offer you a great opportunity for career advancement, in a truly meritocratic environment.
- Have experience working with a leading law firm, bank, real estate lending business or mortgage provider
- Have knowledge of regulatory and financial services products; ideally possessing at least 4 years experience
- Possess lending experience, as well some understanding as to state and federal regulations relating to consumer lending and mortgages
- Possess the ability to work autonomously
- Be comfortable instructing and managing external counsel
- Have strong communication skills and relationship building qualities to maintain existing and build new relationships
You will be come part of a top tier team with a global organization which is able to offer its lawyers autonomy and challenging high-value work.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org