Compliance Counsel - Securities and Capital Markets - Saudi Aramco
Hawryluk Advisors has been retained exclusively by Saudi Aramco, the world's largest integrated oil and petrochemicals company, to help hire Compliance attorneys with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in matters pertaining to Securities and Capital Markets.
Headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Compliance Counsel will serve as a key member of the Law Organization’s newly created Corporate Compliance Organization and will provide ground-floor guidance and knowledge on Securities and Capital Markets, along with a broad spectrum of compliance matters that confront a multinational energy company and its global subsidiaries and joint ventures. This position will play an important role serving the Company as it takes steps to prepare for a possible IPO. Compliance Counsel, reporting through the Chief Compliance Officer and the General Counsel, will support the Company's overall compliance objectives; work with the compliance team to develop comprehensive compliance policies and programs; provide advice and training to Saudi Aramco executives and employees, coordinate compliance efforts among subsidiary companies, and manage resolution of compliance issues.
Specific knowledge of and meaningful experience in Securities and Capital Markets is required, along with a broad knowledge and experience in matters relating to traditional compliance offices. Special focus will be given to candidates with experience with U.K. and/or US listed companies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing Saudi Aramco’s compliance program obligations relating to securities and capital markets, including meeting all commitments of governmental enforcement obligations, as well as interacting with governmental agencies, as necessary;
- Monitoring legal and regulatory requirements and developments in legislation and enforcement to ensure Company has current and accurate compliance policies and procedures;
- Providing direction, oversight, and counsel during compliance reviews, whether conducted by Saudi Aramco personnel or outside counsel;
- Supporting Saudi Aramco’s global operations with expert compliance counseling and advice;
- Working with the Chief Compliance Officer to address compliance concerns raised by business lines, subsidiary companies, and management;
- Resolving compliance enforcement disputes and conflicts by working with the business lines or subsidiary companies to determine any compliance gaps or practices that may expose the Company to legal liability or reputational harm;
- Developing and managing compliance systems for tracking third party monitoring and due diligence;
- Working with other attorneys to monitor the effectiveness of the compliance program;
- Working with other attorneys and personnel to develop training modules, training individuals to deliver such modules, and rolling-out a comprehensive compliance training program; and
- Supporting the Law Organization as to compliance law issues.
Compliance Counsel must demonstrate sound judgment and unwavering ethics.
Candidates must be currently licensed, admitted to practice, and in good standing with a state bar association in the United States or its equivalent in Canada or Europe, and have graduated from an accredited U.S., Canadian, or European law school.
For individuals who are interested in working at one of the world's most successful and influential companies, Saudi Aramco’s newly formed Corporate Compliance Organization offers challenging and sophisticated opportunities for its in-house counsel.
Compensation is competitive and includes excellent benefits.