Our client, a boutique private equity firm, is currently searching for a talented and energetic Chief Operations Officer to provide operational support for all aspects of the company’s business lines. This individual will work to manage and grow the business and do so in a manner that maximizes business opportunities.
This Chief Operations Officer will focus his/her efforts in supporting all aspects of the firm’s businesses and is expected to have an in-depth understanding of driving a company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives. Day-to-day duties may include, but are not limited, to:
• Providing day-to-day leadership and management to the organization that aligns with the company’s strategic objectives and values.
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes, internal and external. Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
• Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
• Track, analyze, and report on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested. Develop, recommend, and/or implement action plans or process improvements as appropriate.
• Oversee major workforce and resource decisions for the company. Collaborate with direct reports and other leaders to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective staff utilization and quality goals and objectives to support company objectives.
• Lead in the development and management of budget for assigned areas. Regularly monitor relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations.
• Develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
• Exhibit leadership and foster commitment to continuous quality improvement based on client satisfaction scores and regular communication with top or “at risk” clients, which may include travel to client sites.
• Motivate and lead a high performance management team, ensuring retention of key team members and serving as a mentor.
• Oversee client relations through direct contact and establishes relationships with both new and existing clients. Intervene with “at risk” clients and quickly makes decisions to support continued client retention.
• Establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders, team members, and board members through open collaboration and consistent communication.
• Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Department and the Company.
• Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
• Promote the Company’s values.
• Perform other job related duties as may be assigned or required.
• 6+ years of strong operational, financial or legal experience
• Proven and progressive experience leading operations within a fast-paced and growth environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
• Skilled in leadership, organizational development, people management, business partnering, budget and resource development and strategic planning
• Experience in managing remote teams and achieving desired results while promoting high levels of engagement
• Advanced knowledge of planning, problem resolution, negotiation and contractual language required