Compliance Counsel – Data Privacy & Cyber Security
Admitted to Practice in UK required.
Hawryluk Advisors has been retained exclusively by Saudi Aramco, the world's largest integrated oil and petrochemicals company, to help hire Compliance attorneys with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Data Privacy and Cyber Security matters.
Headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Compliance Counsel - Data Privacy & Cyber Security will serve as a key member of the Law Organization’s newly created Corporate Compliance Organization and will provide ground-floor guidance and knowledge on Data Privacy and Cyber Security, along with a broad spectrum of compliance matters that confront a multinational energy company and its global subsidiaries and joint ventures. Compliance Counsel, reporting through the Chief Compliance Officer and the General Counsel, will support the Company's overall compliance objectives; work with the compliance team to develop comprehensive compliance policies and programs; provide advice and training to Saudi Aramco executives and employees, coordinate compliance efforts among subsidiary companies, and manage resolution of compliance issues.
A broad knowledge and experience in matters relating to traditional compliance offices is required, along with specific knowledge of, and meaningful experience in, Data Privacy and Cyber-Security.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and oversee implementation of a Data Breach Incident Response Plan, and other company-wide policies, procedures, and training protocols for compliance with the privacy laws and regulations of the United States, European Union, and other applicable jurisdictions.
- Overseeing Saudi Aramco’s compliance program obligations, including meeting all commitments of governmental enforcement obligations, as well as interacting with governmental agencies, as necessary;
- Monitoring legal and regulatory requirements and developments in data protection and cybersecurity legislation and enforcement to ensure Company has current and accurate compliance policies and procedures;
- Providing direction, oversight, and counsel during compliance reviews, whether conducted by Saudi Aramco personnel or outside counsel;
- Supporting Saudi Aramco’s global operations with expert compliance counseling and advice;
- Working with the Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Information Security Officer to address compliance concerns raised by business lines, subsidiary companies, and management;
- Resolving compliance enforcement disputes and conflicts by working with the business lines or subsidiary companies to determine any compliance gaps or practices that may expose the Company to legal liability or reputational harm;
- Developing and managing compliance systems for tracking third party monitoring and due diligence;
- Working with other attorneys to monitor the effectiveness of the compliance program;
- Working with other attorneys and personnel to develop training modules, training individuals to deliver such modules, and rolling-out a comprehensive compliance training program; and
- Supporting the Law Organization as to compliance law issues.
Compliance Counsel - Data Privacy & Cyber Security must demonstrate sound judgment and unwavering ethics.
Candidates must be currently licensed, admitted to practice, and in good standing with a state bar association in the United States or its equivalent in Canada or Europe, and have graduated from an accredited U.S., Canadian, or European law school.
Significant experience handling Data Privacy and Cyber Security matters in the European Union required. UK licensed.
Individuals who are interested in working at one of the world's most successful and influential companies, Saudi Aramco’s newly formed Corporate Compliance Organization offers challenging and sophisticated opportunities for its in-house counsel.
Compensation is competitive and includes excellent benefits