This position will be responsible for proactive guidance on a wide variety of transactional matters, including but not limited to: product development, procurement, technology, marketing, supplier and distribution agreements, dealer arrangements, service agreements, strategic accounts, fraud related matters, program/policy based initiatives, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, and other legal duties as assigned.
Proactively participates in business development matters, which will include, as appropriate: effective issue spotting, strong drafting, detailed review, and front line communications. The position will be primarily transactional based in reviewing, drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of legal documents consistent with Company policies, philosophy, risk tolerances and practices. Will participate in direct stakeholder engagement and on occasion act as liaison with outside counsel as appropriate.
Proactively identifies recurring issues and patterns associated with internal and external legal matters and areas of risk. Creates and implements strategies to reduce liability and promote positive service levels with respect to client relations.
Independently leads and manages comprehensive and timely set of projects, responsibilities, or legal requests directly from internal stakeholders. Analyzes issues, proposes solutions, and engages senior legal advisors as appropriate. Prepares reports, summaries, or guidance with respect to matters of risk for management review.
- Draft, negotiate, and review a diverse set of legal documents, including supply and distribution agreements, non-disclosure agreements, customer order and purchase agreements, development and technology, consulting services, etc.
- Develop and maintain legal forms and templates and implement process improvements
- Advise internal stakeholders and business leaders on contract and legal interpretations, impacted risks and practical solutions to identified legal issues and areas of opportunity
- Manage outside counsel and related professional services
- Review advertising and marketing materials for regulatory, legal, and accuracy requirements
- Develop and manage contract management processes and assist in training on legal topics, policies, and procedures
- Adhere to Department service levels and manage projects and priorities as a self-starter in support of Sales, Operations, Procurement, Marketing, etc.
- Provide attention to detail, timely responses, and prompt, accurate support and communications to Legal colleagues and leadership
- Stay informed of industry trends, developments in applicable regulations, and changes in produce offerings and services or other related developments