ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Counsel – Global Procurement will act as a corporate legal generalist and the partner with the office of Global Procurement in support of The Hershey Company’s multiple business functions including Global Procurement, Americas Supply Chain, Information Services and Global Shared Services. This Counsel may also support other related Legal/Compliance areas as needed. He/She will be responsible for counseling internal business clients on a wide variety of global procurement contract matters, including commodities trading, purchase orders, purchase and sale agreements, RFPs, various service agreements, real estate leases and related environmental matters, and IT contracts related to cloud services. This Counsel may also serve as the regional supply chain counsel for US, Canada, Brazil and Mexico, as assigned.
J.D. degree from an ABA accredited school with superior academic credentials. Bar admission in at least one U.S state. Minimum 6 years solid law firm/ in-house corporate law department experience in area(s) of relevant expertise. Demonstrated track record of integrity and outstanding achievement. Foreign language proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese desired, but not required.
Summary of major duties: 1. Being the primary legal partner of Global Procurement Officer and her team members. Draft, negotiate and review contracts in the areas of global procurement, commodities trading, logistics and warehousing, real estate and environmental matters, IT and global shared services
2. Function as the primary counsel for Canadian supply chain legal matters, as needed and supervise local counsel work
3. Function as the primary counsel for Americas (Mexico and Brazil) supply chain legal matters, as needed and supervise local counsel work
4. Support global network optimization projects and other legal matters as needed
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
• Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple competing priorities and provide practical legal advice. Must possess strong writing, analytical, negotiating and communication skills. Should have strong business understanding and judgment. • Ability to develop strong relationships with internal business units as well as with senior management. Ability to work with a wide range of internal and external constituencies. • Ability to analyze advanced and complex transactions and propose innovative, creative and workable solutions. • Ability to exercise independent, informed and considered judgment with minimal supervision and at the same time work as team player with other functional areas • Ability to execute tasks and deliver results in a timely manner and has experience in managing complex, cross-functional, multi-jurisdictional and long-term projects • Cultural awareness of and experience in working in emerging markets, foreign language skills (Spanish and/or Portuguese) desired but not required • Knowledge of and experience working under regulatory, legal and compliance requirements for a multinational company (CPG, manufacturing, food or retail preferred but not required) or similar relevant experience.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• J.D. degree from an ABA accredited school with superior academic credentials. • Bar admission in at least one U.S. state and eligible for PA in-house license. Experience:
• Minimum 6 years solid law firm and/or in-house corporate law department experience in area(s) of relevant expertise. • Demonstrated track record of integrity and outstanding achievement.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
The Hershey Company, headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to the world through its chocolate, sweets, mints and other great-tasting snacks. Hershey has approximately 21,000 employees around the world who work every day to deliver delicious, quality products. The company has more than 80 brands around the world that drive more than $7.4 billion... in annual revenues, including such iconic brand names as Hershey's, Reese's, Hershey's Kisses, Jolly Rancher, Ice Breakers and Brookside. Building on its core business, Hershey is expanding its portfolio to include a broader range of delicious snacks. The company remains focused on growing its presence in key international markets while continuing to extend its competitive advantage in North America.At Hershey, goodness has always been about more than delicious products. For more than 120 years, Hershey has been committed to operating fairly, ethically and sustainably. Hershey founder, Milton Hershey, created the Milton Hershey School in 1909 and since then the company has focused on giving underserved children the skills and support they need to be successful. Today, the company continues this social purpose through 'Nourishing Minds,' a global initiative that provides basic nutrition to help children learn and grow. From neighborhoods across the United States to the streets of Shanghai and Mumbai and villages of West Africa, our goal is to nourish one million minds by 2020.