As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Associate General Counsel.
The Associate General Counsel is responsible for assisting the General Counsel with the legal and compliance affairs of the corporation, coordinating efforts in pursuit of the company’s goals, objectives and mission.
1. Assists with resolution of all healthcare regulatory issues that arise, to include those related to Stark, Anti-kickback, Medicare, and HIPAA.
2. Provides guidance to hospitals on healthcare legal matters, to include medical staff credentialing, informed consent, advance directives and end of life decision making.
3. Works with outside counsel to achieve optimal outcomes with respect to ongoing litigation and claims; helps determine strategy for case resolution and attempts to resolve potential claims at the earliest stage possible.
4. Drafts, negotiates and amends contracts. Also maintains Meditract database.
5. Assists with all facets of company transactions, including due diligence, regulatory approvals, transaction documentation, and coordination with all interested parties.
6. Assists Human Resources Department with issues related to workers’ compensation claims, the ADA, the FLSA, the FMLA, the USERRA, and other regulatory matters.
7. Conducts/oversees internal investigations to develop relevant facts for internal decision making. Assists with drafting responses to EEOC and other written complaints against the company.
8. Assists Corporate Secretary with maintenance of all corporate records and books.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.