ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
· Provide practical legal advice on a full range of employment law issues relating to the entire employee lifecycle, including but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, compensation, leaves of absence, return to work and accommodation issues, benefits, terminations, and other employment related topics
· Assist with worldwide labor and employment law compliance, including but not limited to wage and hour laws, discrimination, harassment, leave and disability accommodation laws, and other employment related regulations
· Identify and analyze labor and employment legal changes and assist with implementation of compliance steps
· Drive complex employment compliance projects from initiation to closure
· Exceptional project management skills, attention to detail and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
· Develop, revise, and implement best in class employment policies and scalable training solutions
· Drive good business results from difficult ER situations by successfully managing ER issues and pre-dispute conflicts
Assist with Maxim’s workers’ compensation program, as needed
· Assist with implementation and oversight of Maxim’s employee data privacy program
· Support Maxim’s global compensation and benefits programs
· Work collaboratively and responsively with a colleagues on a broad range of legal and strategic projects, ensuring good relationships between legal, human resources, finance, stock administration, IT, operations, information technology/security teams and corporate development of the Company and its affiliates to facilitate a coordinated team approach
Proactively identify and assist with implementation of continuous improvements in policies and processes for the employment and immigration legal team
Other tasks as required
2-4 years of substantive labor and employment law experience, including experience with a large law firm or boutique employment law firm; JD from an accredited law school with excellent academics; US multistate experience required and global experience preferred
Law degree with a license to practice in the State of California
Counseling experience and strong knowledge of state and federal laws, including experience in risk mitigation related to entire employee lifecycle.
Self-motivated team player with the ability to drive projects and identify and resolve legal and business issues with large degree of independence, seeking guidance, if needed
Exceptional project management skills, attention to detail, and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
Experience responding to and resolving EEOC, DFEH claims, and other state and local agency claims.
Experience with HR policy and procedure creation and implementation to reduce risk while meeting business requirements
Exhibit a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment
Experience successfully training HR and business leaders on labor and employment law matters
Experience providing legal advice on confidentiality and non-compete issues
Must have the ability to establish and develop relationships of trust and confidence
High performance standards, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment, well-honed analytical skills, good sense of humor
Practical, business- oriented approach to providing advice to internal clients on all employment law related matters
Strong influencing and collaborating skills
Able to analyze complex situations and develop simple, concise, and effective legal solutions
Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally with all internal members/departments of the Company as well as external clients and vendors regarding complex employment legal issues
Provides high level of client service ensuring customer satisfaction
Demonstrates flexibility regarding assignments for self and team
Contributes to positive work environment
Candidate must be able to effectively compile and analyze data and furnish information in written and verbal formats
Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Prior experience working with a technology company
Prior experience working in-house
Experience with US and/or global data privacy matters
Prior experience using the Serengeti Tracker System or a comparable e-billing system preferred
Experience with global employment law matters including managing global employment related claims, audits and litigation
Experience in contract and/or compliance matters
Experience working on US and global benefits and compensation plans
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Additional Salary Information: Base, Bonus and Equity
Maxim Integrated (NASDAQ: MXIM) is a publicly traded company that designs, manufactures, and sells high-performance semiconductor products. Maxim is a leader in analog innovation and integration, unique among semiconductor companies in the range of disparate analog functions that it can combine onto a single chip. The company’s highly integrated solutions help customers get to market faster with s...ystems that are smaller and consume less power.
Founded over 30 years ago, Maxim now serves over 35,000 customers worldwide and enjoys revenue of approximately $2.4 billion fiscal year 2012. The Company is headquartered in San Jose, California (USA), with design centers, manufacturing facilities, and sales offices throughout the world.