Ulta Beauty is the largest beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for prestige, mass and salon products and salon services in the United States. We focus on providing affordable indulgence to our customers by combining unmatched product breadth, value and convenience with the distinctive environment and experience of a specialty retailer. Key aspects of our business include:
One-Stop Shopping. Our customers can satisfy all of their beauty needs at Ulta. We offer a unique combination of over 20,000 prestige and mass beauty products organized by category in a bright, open store environment. We believe we offer the widest selection of categories across prestige and mass cosmetics, fragrance, haircare, skincare, bath and body products and salon styling tools. We also offer a full-service salon and a wide range of salon haircare products in all of our stores.
Our Value Proposition. We believe our focus on delivering a compelling value proposition to our customers across all of our product categories is fundamental to customer loyalty. For example, we run frequent promotions and coupons for our mass brands, gift-with-purchase offers and multi-product gift sets for our prestige brands, and a comprehensive customer loyalty program.
An Off-Mall Location. Our stores are predominately located in convenient, high-traffic locations such as power centers. Our typical store is approximately 10,000 square feet, including approximately 950 square feet dedicated to our full-service salon. Our displays, store design and open layout provide the flexibility to respond to consumer trends and changes in our merchandising strategy.
Ulta Beauty has more than 26,000 employees. We operate 950+ stores across 48 states and will continue to expand into new markets with new stores in 2017. Our headquarters, located in Bolingbrook, Illinois, houses 1,000 corporate employees in the functional areas of: merchandising, marketing, inventory management, finance, supply chain/logistics, human resources, IT, and real estate. Ulta Beauty has experienced consistent success and growth, which translates into many exciting career opportunities.
Our corporate team, headquartered in Bolingbrook, IL is focused on ULTA Beauty’s mission to be the unmatched beauty authority and to position our company for long-term growth and success. ULTA Beauty's Legal Services team is responsible for all of the company's legal, corporate governance, real estate and property management services in support of the Company’s operations and growth. We provide counsel and guidance to ULTA Beauty’s Growth & Development team which is responsible for the retail real estate growth, our retail, corporate and distribution center real estate leases, and our construction and facilities maintenance. We also work closely with business partners throughout the enterprise to provide high quality, cost-effective legal and property management services. In all we do, we strive to uphold the Company’s values in which we win together, give wow experiences, improve always, do what’s right, and love what we do and own what we do. You'll be challenged to learn and grow, empowered to share your ideas, and encouraged to celebrate our shared successes. Be part of a Legal Services team that accomplishes wonderful things here at ULTA Beauty.
Our Legal Services team seeks an experienced attorney with deep technical expertise in retail real estate leasing to provide legal support to our Growth & Development business partners who are responsible for the new store expansion program and management of our existing fleet or properties. As Senior Counsel, you will report directly to the Assistant General Counsel, partner regularly with Growth & Development team members providing retail real estate related legal services and work closely with all other members of the Legal Services Team. This Senior Counsel position will be responsible to protect the legal interests of the enterprise while ensuring Growth & Development’s store expansion/retention/relocation objectives are timely met. This Senior Counsel will provide advice, counsel and leadership on the resolution of real estate issues and disputes. This Senior Counsel will also have responsibility to manage outside counsel, budgets and reporting related to services provided.
The ability to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with business partners at all levels across the enterprise as well as with colleagues on the Legal Services team is a must. Ideal candidates for this role will have in-house and law firm experience supporting retail real estate clients, strong business acumen and problem solving skills, excellent negotiation and drafting skills, the ability to take a strategic and business-focused approach to complex real estate issues, an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to operate in a high volume, fast paced environment. This position will afford invaluable experience and opportunity for growth in a dynamic organization.
- Draft, negotiate and review a wide variety of real estate related documents in support of business objectives. Such documents include, retail real estate leases, rent commencement agreements, amendments, estoppels, SNDAs, indemnity agreements, guarantees, letters of credit, consent, recognition agreements, default notices and responses to same and other real estate related documents.
- Contribute deep functional retail real estate leasing expertise to support business objectives and collaborate with business and legal colleagues to manage risk.
- Proactively manage and direct Outside Counsel in the lease negotiation process for all new store leases.
- Review lease execution materials and ensure real estate expansion objectives are timely met while maintaining consistency of terms in lease documents.
- Provide direction on problematic issues impeding progress on lease completion.
- Provide guidance to and review work prepared by Paralegal and Administrative Assistant.
- Counsel and collaborate with Growth & Development Vice Presidents and team members from Construction, Property Management and Repairs and Maintenance teams on a wide variety of challenges and issues.
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve business goals including strategies for achieving business objectives in the most efficient manner while protecting against risk.
- Provide business focused and user-friendly guidance and counseling.
- Manage complex projects and matters from inception through resolution and implementation.
- Support special projects as assigned by the Assistant General Counsel and/or General Counsel, on an as needed basis.
- Develop and manage budgets for external legal support.
- Provide reporting and data to support litigation, projects and manage risks.