VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future.
The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it’s an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it’s a Volkswagen thing.
As part of the Office of General Counsel this staff attorney focuses on supporting and enabling the Sales, Network Development and Parts & Service business functions of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., particularly in the areas of dealer/manufacture regulation, automotive franchise laws, wholesale vehicle distribution, vehicle sales and incentive programs, warranty and service related business functions, distribution-related antitrust, and other related subject areas.
- Supports brand-dedicated sales operations and retail network development business units by providing timely, ongoing, on-demand legal counsel and strategic guidance on agreements with dealers, dealer/manufacturer franchise laws and regulations, and distribution-related antitrust matters.
- Assists in the review and drafting of certain communications with dealers.
- Also supports the business units as needed by providing legal advice on wholesale distribution systems, warranty and service related obligations and business functions, and retail bonus and incentive programs
- Researches and analyzes automotive dealer franchise related laws and regulations, and advises relevant management of the applicable laws and the degree of legal risk associated with proposed dealer and retail network initiatives and activities.
- Monitors and advises relevant company management on dealer network and distribution related legal issues and the degree of risk associated with proposed corporate activities.
- Reviews and analyzes changes in, and developments to, dealer franchise, warranty and service, wholesale distribution, and other automotive dealer/manufacture related laws, and advises relevant management of the impact of such developments with respect to the company’s business.
- Advises and assists the Government Relations Department on legislative and policy matters impacting dealer franchise, warranty and service, wholesale distribution, and other automotive dealer-manufacture related matters.
- Evaluates and comments upon the merits of litigation matters and administrative proceedings pertaining to dealer/manufacturer disputes and other related matters involving the company (and its subsidiaries and affiliates). Subject to the concurrence of the General Counsel and the appropriate business function head, defines and is responsible for the tactical and strategic direction of litigated matters.
- Supervises and directs outside counsel in litigated and non-litigated matters, with a commitment to timely, successful and cost-effective results for the company.
- Negotiates and drafts settlements and other contract documents as needed.
- Able to attend industry and legal seminars, workshops, etc, as appropriate to keep current on issues, laws and regulations.
- Depending on the employee’s skill set, may be asked to provide legal advice to the company’s advertising and marketing teams as a secondary responsibility.