PACIFIC DENTAL SERVICES
Irvine, CA 92614
Pacific Dental Services (“PDS”) has engaged N2N LEGAL on an exclusive basis to conduct a search for its Corporate Counsel, to be located in its Irvine, California, corporate headquarters. Kindly submit all resumes and supporting documentation via the process outlined below.
Pacific Dental Services'® vision is to be The Greatest Dental Company in America. We provide supported owner dentists with a work/life balance that is rare for dentists who operate a business without support. Our PRIVATE PRACTICE +® business model is based on providing business support expertise so that supported dentists can pursue Clinical Excellence – they enjoy more time, more income and more resources, allowing them to simply concentrate on providing high-quality dental care. We call this Supported Autonomy. We currently assist more than 500 practices in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Washington. Our goal is to support 60+ additional offices per year in these existing markets while continuing to open new markets.
At PDS®, we aim to be the very best at everything we do. Fortunately, that helps us attract the very best team members – and we hope you’ll be one of them.
Reports Primarily to: Senior Corporate Counsel
Manager of People: No
Under general direction from the designated Senior Corporate Counsel, this position will work closely with paralegals, dental professionals, operations leaders, administrative support staff and with other business functions in the organization, to provide legal, administrative and related support integral to the organization's operations.
A competitive package commensurate with experience. Local candidates preferred. Relocation package may be available for non-local candidates.
The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Draft, negotiate, manage and advise business teams with respect to provider agreements, complex services contracts and other commercial agreements (including vendor agreements and renewals).
- Formation and maintenance of legal entities, including all necessary annual and regular corporate filings and business licensing on behalf of a multi-jurisdictional company operating in various states.
- Manage and close transactions (which involve opening different dental offices in various jurisdictions) with coordination between operations partners and dental partners. Prepare, review and negotiate requisite legal documents in connection with such transactions/deals for Corporate Counsel review and approval by identifying forms and formats, producing text and proofreading. Maintain deadlines and generate status reports.
- Trademark and licensing coordination.
- Perform on-line research and conduct electronic filings on legal and business related matters.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Handle confidential information with the highest degree of care.
- Interact with the organization’s management, including executives, other internal clients and outside counsel.
- Assist with various ideas for innovation, including those involving Medicaid and other health-related regulations, assist with applications, and implement as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.