JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction of the Legal Affairs department, the Marketing/Intellectual Property Senior Attorney is responsible for drafting, negotiating and interpreting advertising and marketing services, digital and social media, ecommerce and intellectual property licensing contracts, letter agreements and other legal documentation, reviewing marketing materials and managing compliance requirements, contractual obligations and dispute resolution. This position will primarily support Interactive Marketing Communications and Interactive Marketing Content Distribution teams.
- Provide general legal support for traditional and digital marketing, ecommerce and social media initiatives, including researching applicable U.S. and international laws and regulations, negotiating, drafting and interpreting agreements, and advising on regulatory and contractual compliance obligations, including but not limited to sweepstakes, intellectual property rights (right of publicity, right of privacy), user generated content, and provide support for dispute resolution with contracted parties, termination of contracts and other litigation support as assigned.
- Assist with negotiating, drafting and interpreting complex business contracts across a broad range of marketing initiatives, including social media, digital marketing and advertising, contests and promotions, television and film productions, marketing, consulting and creative services agreements.
- Assist with drafting policies and procedures and development of training surrounding regulatory and statutory compliance obligations and contractual requirements.
- Manages special projects, monitors international and U.S. policies, regulations, legislation laws pertaining to e-commerce, social media, and privacy.
- Strong understanding of marketing laws, including social media and digital marketing, and the legal requirements, both domestic and international
- Strong contract drafting of complex services and license agreements
- Proven capability to lead and drive change in a global environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Must be a self-starter capable of working with various elements within a diverse organization to provide the highest level of service.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
- Integrity, honesty and trust and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality are also imperative to this role.
- Sound business judgment and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change
- Proven ability and commitment to work both independently and collaboratively with numerous people at all levels throughout the company
- Demonstrated ability in a positive, commercial and practical manner, to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, as well as Internet and web-based training tools.
- Infrequent, light travel may be required.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree, Juris Doctor required from an accredited law school.
- At least 5 years post-law school experience as an attorney, preferably with top-tier law firm or corporate legal department
- At least 5 years advising clients on marketing, advertising and rights clearance
- At least 5 years interpreting, negotiating and drafting complex commercial transactions
- Experience with social media, digital marketing and intellectual property strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Florida State Bar registration required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE