ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
This position provides support and assistance to the Associate General Counsel and Corporate Legal organization in assuming certain responsibilities for various legal matters. The incumbent maintains a strong line of communication with the various business units and shared services in order to provide legal consultation and/or input to maintain compliance and achieve business objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
The incumbent interfaces with both senior management and the various operating groups within Nice- Pak and PDI. Under the direction of the Associate General Counsel, he or she will work with and supervise outside counsel in the disposition of various matters as appropriate.
• Draft, review, negotiate, maintain and update a variety of commercial contracts, including vendor, purchasing, consulting, intellectual property, information technology, license, lease, and confidentiality agreements.
• Assist with various pre-litigation, litigation and alternative dispute resolution matters, including supervising outside counsel.
• Work directly with and provide guidance to business unit and shared services staff on matters concerning legal compliance and/ or contractual obligations.
• Assume responsibility and accountability for managing and maintaining Nice-Pak and PDI’s contract management systems.
• Maintain an awareness of laws, regulations, pending legislation as well as other governmental initiatives that impact and affect the business of the companies.
• Assist with the creation, updating, and maintenance of actionable internal policies, resources, form agreements, and compliance programs and conduct effective legal training.
• Participate in and/or manage other projects as required.
1. Excellent attention to detail with high level organizational and drafting skills. 2. Strong oral and written communication skills. 3. Ability to manage and work on multiple projects while adhering to deadlines. 4. Highly flexible in adapting to changing priorities.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school, and licensed to practice law in the State of New York required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Corporate generalist experience with strong contract drafting skills; exposure to litigation and intellectual property matters is highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 2-5 years’ of legal experience, preferably including experience as in house counsel.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Incumbent must be disposed to operate in a collaborative, responsive and proactive manner, gaining the confidence and trust of the business partners throughout the organization.
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products.
Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI, Inc. provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani Professional and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop, manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America and the world.
We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!