ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Supports the in-house legal team in meeting Tech Data’s legal service needs. Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures for cybersecurity, data breach, and records and information management (RIM). Works with all organizational levels and departments (e.g., IT) with respect to the foregoing. Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring compliance with policies and procedures related to Tech Data’s discovery obligations and for providing litigation support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required
-Develop and implement policies and procedures for RIM, cybersecurity, and data breach. 45%
-Respond to discovery requests and provide litigation support. 25%
-Provide support to the executive Information Management Committee and the Board of Directors' Cybersecurity Committee. 10%
-Resond to data breaches. 10%
-Serve as legal department liason with other departments for RIM, cybersecurity, and data breach. 10%
-Additional duties as assigned.
-Meets attendance and punctuality standards.
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions
Previous Work Experience: 5+ relevant work experience.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree (Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree, IT or Information Security)
Other Education/Certifications: Paralegal and/or Records Management Certification. CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional helpful)
Knowledge/Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Adjust readlily to change and adapt as needed.
- Build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Create and conduct formal presentations.
- Execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
- Input 40 words per minute (wpm).
- Interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Possesses basic clerical and strong data entry skills.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Tech Data is one of the world’s largest technology distributors. We help companies like HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft — and hundreds of others — bring their products to market, and we offer a wide range of technical and business support services.
We certify, train, instruct and support our reseller customers, and help configure, install and finance their purchases. Many of the hardware devices an...d software applications that you use in your daily life have passed through our logistics centers on their way to market.