ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Assistant General Counsel – Labor & Employment, Rutherford, N.J.
With over 80,000 employees and a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world, SGS is the world’s leading inspection, testing, verification and certification company.
SGS is looking for an experienced employment attorney to join our regional legal team based in Rutherford, NJ. This position is principally responsible for providing legal support primarily to our US and Canadian operations on labor and employment matters as well as managing employment claims and litigation, as more fully described below.
· Provide labor and employment counseling in all areas of both U.S. federal and state law related to employment issues, such as FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, EPA, Title VII, OFCCP and EEOC compliance. Additional responsibilities for providing employment counseling under Canadian federal and provincial laws, such as ESA, HRA and AODA.
· Responsible for managing employment claims and litigation and internally handling U.S. EEOC, DOL and state equivalent complaints as well as HRA complaints in Canada.
· Work closely with human resources, internal business clients and outside law firms to effectively manage litigation outcomes and implement budgeting and cost controls.
· Participate in special projects where the experience, ability or expertise of the attorney merits involvement.
· Responsible for all internal reporting, tracking and budgeting of litigated matters.
· J.D. degree from accredited law school and admission to NJ bar or eligibility for NJ In-house counsel license required.
· 5 to 10 years as a practicing attorney, preferably with both private practice and in-house experience specializing in the areas of U.S. and Canadian labor and employment law.
· Analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, negotiation and legal reasoning skills.
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others and coordinate a variety of internal and external activities having legal significance to the Company.
· Ability to manage issues and workload independently with minimal supervision.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
US Residents Only. Additional Salary Information: bonus eligibility; exceptional medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits.
SGS is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should only submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes submitted directly to the company will not be considered.