ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
ERISA/Employee Benefits, General Commercial/Contracts, Securities
E*TRADE is seeking a versatile, well-rounded attorney to directly support its stock plan administration business and be responsible for providing advice and counsel on a wide range of equity compensation, stock plan and business to business commercial matters. This attorney will report to the Vice President, Associate General Counsel located in Alpharetta, GA.
Specific areas of responsibility include, among others:
* Work with cross functional teams to review, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including brokerage, financial reporting, technology, licensing, consulting, confidentiality and other business agreements
* Legal support of projects and initiatives that are strategic to the business unit responsible for stock plan administration and participant experience platforms
* Legal support of marketing and corporate communications
* Advise business on equity compensation administration products and services, particularly, management of legal and other risks, regulatory requirements, and products and services.
* Participate in periodic meetings with partners in front-line businesses, as well as compliance, risk management, finance, operation and technology to facilitate ongoing dialogue around strategic projects, initiatives, regulatory changes and emerging risks.
* Undergraduate degree from a 4-year institution
* J.D. from a highly respected law school, with superior academic credentials
* Member in good standing of a state bar
* At least 8 years of experience in corporate/transactional, with a focus in financial services (securities/brokerage) or technology In-house experience with brokerage firm a plus
* Broad knowledge of and experience with the federal securities laws and regulations as well as FINRA and other SRO rules
In addition, we are looking for a candidate with:
* Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with special emphasis on excellent drafting, negotiation skills, and exceptional attention to detail
* Excellent organizational and time management skills, strong initiative and hard-working ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines
* Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work alone and as part of a collaborative team