ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Focuses primarily on state regulatory matters relating to the local distribution of natural gas with a secondary focus on DOT PHMSA compliance.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Performs state-level regulatory work in support of operations in eight states and an intrastate pipeline located in Texas. Occasionally works on federal issues.
2. Works with Company personnel to identify DOT PHMSA compliance activities and develop appropriate processes and procedures to fulfill related requirements.
3. Directs and coordinates outside counsel and expert witnesses in regulatory proceedings. Develops trial/hearing strategy and assists in rate case preparation and presentation.
4. Provides advice and counsel to all levels of management regarding various legal and regulatory issues and matters affecting the Company, including but not limited to, utility regulation as well as on the development and revisions of plans, policies and practices.
5. Performs general legal research involving various issues and concerns.
6. Directs and coordinates the Company's representation in state appellate courts in dockets involving appeals of Orders of state regulatory agencies.
7. Analyzes pending and current legislation and advises appropriate parties of pertinent court and administrative decisions regarding their impact on the Company and the natural gas industry.
8. Interacts with a wide variety of people both inside and outside the Company with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
Four-year undergraduate degree and law degree from an accredited school
Licensed to practice law in a jurisdiction of the United States
Four years of professional legal experience.
Experience appearing before state public service commissions and/or the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Regulatory experience with the natural gas industry and/or rate-regulated industries
Experience with DOT PHMSA rules.
Atmos Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, is the country's largest, fully-regulated, natural-gas-only distributor, serving over three million natural gas distribution customers in over 1,400 communities in eight states from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the East to the Rocky Mountains in the West. Atmos Energy also manages company-owned natural gas pipeline and storage assets, including one of the largest intrastate natural gas pipeline systems in Texas.