ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Global insurance company is seeking an Associate Coverage Counsel. This position will be located in the Northern New Jersey office and reports to the Lead Coverage Counsel.
Summary of Responsibilities: Responsible for the management of coverage matters (questions) arising on all reported claims including but not limited to Liability, Property, Ocean Marine, Management Liability and Foreign Package Liability matters. Duties include both the handling and supervision of coverage matters including the ultimate determination of the applicability or non-applicability of coverage under insurance policies issued by the company. Assist adjusters in the development of coverage positions and the preparation of coverage position letters.
Maintain detailed records regarding all questions of coverage applicability and referral or non-referral of coverage matters to outside coverage counsel. Develop and maintain coverage manuals and assist in the development of policy forms and endorsements.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
1) Receive referrals of all new coverage issues (questions) identified by Claim Adjusters, Managers and Lead Coverage Counsel.
2) Review with adjusters the issues/questions of coverage to be determined and the necessary coverage investigation to support those determinations. Determine if matter is to be handled internally, or be referred to outside counsel, identify the referral firm (from the approved list) and make the appropriate referral. Document referral and associated issues.
3) Ensure that the appropriate general reservation of rights letter is prepared and communicated to the insured.
4) Prepare coverage opinions for submission to Claim Manager or Lead Coverage Counsel memorializing the coverage issues involved, the appropriate law governing such issues, and the recommended coverage position. Appropriate time frames for completion of investigation and coverage determination will be established and communicated to all parties (claim adjusters, managers, and lead coverage counsel).
5) Maintain a timely diary of all coverage matters, to ensure timely handling by claim adjusters and coverage counsel.
6) Review coverage opinions of outside coverage counsel to ensure all questions have been answered or resolved and appropriate coverage position is taken.
7) On recommended declinations, ensure timely resolution of recommendations and ensure that the Claim Manager and CCO have received the recommended action to be taken.
8) Retain selected coverage matters for oversight and handling as coverage counsel. Number and type of matters retained will depend on issues and volume.
9) Maintain a monthly electronic log (with print out capability) of all coverage matters
10) Interface with Industry Groups to stay up to date on major coverage issues and court decisions. Advise claim adjusters and managers of significant coverage decisions and articles.
11) Maintain an electronic reference library regarding the types of coverage matters encountered/referred, along with the associated coverage opinions and letters generated.
JD and bar admittance in New Jersey (or eligibility for limited in-house license) is required.
at least 5-7+ years of experience handling coverage matters, with a focus on commercial/general liability policies
Princeton Legal Search Group, LLC specializes in the placement of exceptionally qualified attorneys with in-house legal departments, institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations and law firms.
Princeton Legal Search Group, the most trusted name in legal executive search, specializes in the placement of General Counsel level candidates and other exceptionally qualified attorneys with in house legal departments across a wide range of industries throughout the United States. We place attorneys in full time positions in all practice areas. We have offices in Princeton, New Jersey and Woodbr...idge, New Jersey and additional offices are planned.
Our Higher Education Division works closely with the leadership at college and university clients to understand particular institutional requirements and to then deliver world class attorneys.
We deliver top tier partner and associate talent to our law firm clients - from local boutique law firms to large regional, national and global law firms with multiple offices.
Integrity, honesty, adherence to the highest ethical standards and optimum quality are the hallmarks of our company.