ACC is committed to compliance with all applicable equal employment laws. ACC In-house Jobline listings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of any prohibited factor.
Listings on the ACC In-house Jobline are for in-house attorney positions only. While we do not accept non-attorney corporate job listings, if you are hiring a corporate legal operations professional, contact LawDepartmentOps@ACC.com. By posting a job on the ACC In-house Jobline or using the service as a job seeker, you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions, including those relating to discrimination. The system administrator may delete postings, which do not comply. Employer postings removed by ACC are not subject to refund.
We are very interested in your thoughts as we continue to develop the ACC In-House Jobline to better serve your needs. If you have questions about ACC In-house Jobline, please call our helpdesk at: 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 1125 (Extension Required).
Sr Advisor, Legal Counsel (Hopkinton, MA)-17000JYP Come Join our world-class in-house Legal team! This position requires a JD degree and at least one state bar admission. Prefer a minimum of 6 years of related experience in a law firm or corporate legal environment. This position will support the activities of Dell Financial Services (DFS), Dell’s financial services subsidiary. Responsibilities include negotiating some or all of the following with commercial or government customers and their in-house and/or external counsel: lease and finance contracts, installment payment agreements, software licensing agreements, datacenter utility agreements, flexible consumption agreements, referral agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other related or ancillary agreements. This lawyer will liaise with the DFS sales, credit, pricing, operations, and asset management teams, and will periodically collaborate with Dell and DFS lawyers in other geographies. The successful candidate should have a strong commitment to teamwork and Dell’s customers, a core competency for assessing legal risks pragmatically, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, a high degree of comfort dealing with ambiguity, strong communication and presentation abilities, an ability to work confidently with management variety of business functions, and extremely strong skills in negotiation and drafting
Qualifications ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: •Ability to assess risk •Problem solving skills •Advanced verbal and written communication skills •Presentation and interpersonal skills •Ability to manage relationships with outside counsel •Ability to resolve conflict •Organizational skills •Multi-tasking skills •Thorough knowledge of legal decision making principles •Thorough knowledge of legal research skills •Ability to apply known legal principles to an unfamiliar set of facts •Ability to influence, persuade, and negotiate
Additional Salary Information: annual target bonus program
Sr. Counsel – Federal Sales - McLean, VA
Dell Technologies, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. As a trusted technology provider to G20 governments for more than 20 years, Dell understands the budget concerns, purchasing process and complex security and compliance requirements of the Federal Go...vernment. Our technology solutions help maximize the benefits of previous investments and implement newer, more efficient ones that free up agency time and resources to move Federal Government departments forward in their mission.
We currently are looking for a senior government contracts attorney to provide legal support to the Dell federal sales segment. The core responsibilities of the position, which will be located in McLean, VA, include:
• Providing legal advice concerning all laws and regulations governing acquisition of US federal contracts, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and other FAR supplements, with a focus on commercial item procurement;
• Identifying and managing compliance issues and risk arising from US federal government procurement and business practice;
• Supporting timely responses to customer inquiries, reviews and audits;
• Providing proactive and effective counsel to Proposals, Contracts and Compliance teams in connection with US federal bids/proposals, contract formation, contract performance and contract close-out.
• Reviewing and analyzing solicitation terms and conditions to determine exposure and develop recommendations to mitigate risk associated with onerous terms and conditions;
• Assisting in the review and negotiation of non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, subcontracts and Statements of Work;
• Participating in customer negotiations as necessary;
• Managing and diffusing customer escalations.
• Assisting in assessing the merits of potential bid protests.
• Assisting in resolving disputes with partners and suppliers;
• Providing training and guidance on procurement integrity and ethics rules and regulations.
• Assisting in the development and delivery of policies and procedures for sales, finance and operations on applicable regulations and developments; and
• Supervising and managing outside counsel.
The qualifications for this position include:
• JD degree and member in good standing of at least one state bar.
• Minimum of 10 years of federal contracting experience in a law firm or corporate legal environment.
• Extensive knowledge of, and experience with, the FAR, DFARS and other federal government laws and regulations.
• Extensive knowledge of, and experience with, compliance related provisions such as the International Trade in Arms Regulations, Export Administration Regulations, Procurement Integrity Act and National Industrial Security Program Manual.
• Experience negotiating/reviewing non-disclosure, teaming agreements and subcontracts.
• Ability to set goals, prioritize and complete projects independently.
• Superior drafting and negotiation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• An absolute commitment to excellence and integrity; and
• Eligibility to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance (active preferred).
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.